Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Water!

One of Seth's obsessions is water. It doesn't matter how big or small or where it is he will find it, play in it, drink it and get it all over! I love to watch his fascination though. Being satisfied by something we see as so simple kind of makes me envious. That is what I love about kids like Seth they take in so much that we just pass by. He makes me slow down and appreciate the little things :)

But his love for water does add to his challenges. He wants to have a bath 2-3 times a day! If I did let him I think he would stay in the tub all the time. He does have a skin condition though and unfortunately his time needs to be limited. So most bath nights end in tantrums and sadness :(

I do try and let him play in the sink from time to time but especially with his brother at his side it makes a huge mess. In the spring/summer it is better and he can play outside at the water table but with his fear of bugs increasing it is hard to get him to stay out too :P

Walking to school with puddles can take a long long time too because we need to hit everyone! I just feel bad that it isn't always accommodating for him to get to enjoy this love as much as he wants to :( But he does take advantage of the time he can take washing his hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message :)

Photobucket