Friday, January 30, 2009

The Life That's Chosen Me - Karen Taylor-Good

I wanted to share this music song. Here is the infomation that goes along with it. Have a tissue ready!





Written by Karen Taylor-Good and Lisa Aschmann and performed by Karen Taylor-Good in Orlando December 9th, 2008 for the first time to the parents of those that the song was created for.The proceeds of the song will go to two schools that help support those that are in need of support through private funding. Please visit the www.harmonizingwithhumanity.com site to learn more about the work that is so important to so many children. Forthcoming will be a CD that will further support the various causes in such dire need to make a difference.

Slated for February 09' release the titled album "The Life That's Chosen Me" will be available for organizations to use for fund raising needs. Please contact Harmonizing with Humanity for more information on this project at 877-449-4767 or email
Rgross3424@aol.com

Thank you!

The Life That's Chosen Me (written by Karen Taylor-Good and Lisa Aschmann)

We had such expectations, we would soon be giving birth
To the next Chopin, the next Einstein, the greatest child on earth
And we'd be the perfect family, soon we'd have the perfect kid
We'd never have a challenge or a problem, God forbid

Oh but Life had different plans, so I need for you to understand
Don't desert me, don't ignore
I need friends now more than I ever did before
Show compassion but please don't pity me
I'm a parent just like you, it's true


But I have special needs
I need you to notice that my life's different from yours
I need you not to judge me, don't condemn and don't keep score
I'd love an extra pair of hands, or just a hug or two


I need you to acknowledge that
I carry more than you
Got the world here on my back, so I just thought I would ask

Don't desert me, don't ignore
I need friends now more than I ever did before

What you take for granted comes so hard for me
I'm a parent just like you, it's true
But I have special needs

I need answers, I need help, it's so much work
And a miracle or two sure wouldn't hurt
Don't desert me, don't ignore

I need friends now more than I ever did before

It's not the life that I'd have chosen, but it's the life that's chosen me
I'm a parent just like you, it's true
But I have special needsI need you to listen, I need you to care

I need your understanding, I need you just to be there
I need your friendship, maybe a hug or two
Oh God I need a miracle.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave us a message :)

Photobucket