Seth went for a fairly quick doctors appointment today. I have yet to get the full "official report" from the school psychologist (I am going to have to contact her and see what's up). But I decided to get the referral started for a specialist to have a look at Seth. We got that started and he is also sending in a referral for ErinoakKids ( http://www.erinoakkids.ca/ ) centre as well for an assessment.
I am a little frustrated at my doctors reaction :P He asked if we have just noticed this now and why he didn't know that this was a suspicion. I felt like I had to defend what we already knew. Well WE never even knew what we were dealing with and never really realized that his "difference" was this severe until it began to cause troubles in school. I love love my doctor but is frustrated me sometimes when it feels like they are offended that we the parents may have a better idea of what is going on with our kid!
Anyways, he has an appointment Wednesday Nov 18 for a full physical. I am also going to ask if he can maybe have some allergy testing at some point and if we can do a bit of blood work to check if there is any thing else that may be contributing to his behaviours (mainly moodiness). I am also a little concerned because he is gaining so much weight fast and nothing has really changed with him. He is now 67lbs and almost 4 feet but that weight is still quite a bit for a 5 year old as far as I know. He also seems to be peeing a lot more and really thirsty but that could just be him. I just want to make sure it isn't diabetes or something like that.
I need to get tough for his sake! Ugh I am such a push over :( But I am learning quick that no one is going to do anything extra unless I push for it. I am just finding it hard to get everything done that is needed with out feeling like I am over paranoid and over reacting :S
We are still dealing with some pretty bad moodiness from Seth. Usually he is pretty easy going but something has gotten him even more anxious. Hopefully we can find out what is "out of place" and maybe makes things calm down a little more for him.
Thanks for reading :)
Monday, February 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to leave us a message :)